Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Birthday Mini Album

For my best friend's birthday I decided to do a mini album. I thought about it after reading the most recent challenge at Just Buggin'. It was to do anything but a card. I assume it is because many people do cards, and since I do layouts all the time I would do something different than that. I got these instructions from the Cricut messageboard. It is so easy to make, the decorating is what takes the time!!

This is the front. I used Paper Pups to cut out the "Happy Birthday" and shadow.

This is one of the flaps. Nothing exciting, I really liked the stripes and I found this quote and thought it was cute.
This is it almost open.

She LOVES Sleeping Beauty and I Found this paper. It doesn't really match, but I had to put it on here for her!

You may recognize this picture. :) But the present behind it is from Stretch Your Imagination. I cut it at 4 inches and on Shadow. "Party Time" and the martini glass are both from Cuttin' Up. I pop dotted the martini glass so it would stand up a bit.
This is a picture of her. The crown is from Paper Doll Dress Up cut at 3 inches (I think) using Real Dial Size. The shells are from Stretch your Imagination cut at 4 inches. What you (I) have to remember about the "collections" is that it cuts the whole group at 4 inches, not each individual piece at 4 inches, or whatever you choose. So to get them bigger, I had to cut them a bit larger. Her nickname is Shell so I just used some black stickers to put her name on it.
This was an old picture of us I couldn't resist putting in. Again, I left it pretty plain. I'm not sure if I"m going to go back and do more, but I'm a pretty simple scrapper, so I don't think so. This is it fully open. Not a bunch of decoration, but enough that I think it will be a nice present.

No comments:

My Layouts