Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 65: March 6 {what I miss}

I miss Jacksonville. For real. And I miss this place probably the most. This is the Landing, on the St. John's River in Downtown Jax. I miss it because that bridge lights up at night and is gorgeous. I miss it because we used to walk all over the streets with the babies. We have seen fireworks here, and bands upon bands. We had our Engagement pictures here and had our after wedding dinner here. There is a fountain where the babies played and during the Breast Cancer Marathon here, they dyed the water pink. I don't know how, but they did.
We've gone to the Paris Hilton club that was soon turned into a linedancing place. We went there too.
In Jacksonville, there was always something to DO. And you didn't have to go far. I had a Michael's, AC Moore, Joann's and a few Walmarts just about within spitting distance. Overall, I had about 4 Michael's, 2 AC Moore's and close to 5 Joann's. The scrapbook stores here? Huge. I had a lot of great friends here. Matt's family is here. My babies were born here.
I'm happy to be home and have the job I do, but sometimes, just sometimes, I want to go back. Maybe it's just a "grass is greener" thing? Who knows...

1 comment:

~BridgetL~ said...

That is how I feel abut things grass is greener. At least you can go back and visit, I can't go back to my youth. lol

My Layouts