Saturday, February 13, 2010

February 13, 2010 {what a week at work}

So this week my boss and his wife (who are also old friends) went to see their son, a chef in Seattle, cook at the James Beard House in NYC. Needless to say, they aren't back yet. So for the past three days we have had to work a lot more to make sure we kept both stores up and running. It has had me working like crazy! Today was no exception...I was scheduled to work tonight at the restuarant. I ended up having to work this morning at the deli/to go place. As I was sweeping and finishing up, I moved a table that I had mopped under. The table didn't move. The pan of sauce on top did. It slid off the table and went EVERYWHERE. *see shirt above* I even found it in my hair. As I'm finishing up cleaning, they call from the other restaurant and want me to come over for about an hour because they had a large table make reservations. Yeah. I'm tired. But Ava was oh so willing to help me hold up my shirt. Because to you, it's a shirt. To me, it explains the entire week. Splattered, a mess, exhausted, and DONE.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I am sorry to hear about the busy week and the mess. Glad to hear you survived with a good sense of humor about it and enough energy to take a picture of the shirt :) Best of luck for a less hectic week next week.

workinscrappinmomof4@blogspot.com

~BridgetL~ said...

Hope when the boss gets back you won't have to work as hard.

My Layouts