Tuesday, February 9, 2010

February 9, 2010

Today Matt had the day off so we took the kids and just went out. We do that sometimes. We drove and drove and ended up in Navarre, about 30-45 minutes away. We stop in a beach parking lot and I Figure my picture today will just be the angry storm clouds over the unsettled water. Sounds good, right? Well, this is a prime example of how fun this 365 project is and how thankful I am I always have my camera.

We are just about to leave and I see this little guy sitting. Or laying down, whatever you call it when ducks aren't standing. All of the other gulls are up milling around, so I told Matt to snap a picture of this guy. Then, he stands up. And he only has one leg. I am not kidding. I took like 10 pictures because I wanted to make sure I had enough proof. I even got really close. This wasn't even on zoom. Now, I giggled and really thought this little guy was cool. For some reason, I didn't feel sorry for him. He has adapted to what he does. He obviously isn't wanting for food, he was surrounded by gull "friends," and he lives ON THE BEACH! I think this may be my inspiration picture for a lot of things. Just look at this guy.

Ok, I might be overdoing it. But seriously.

1 comment:

~BridgetL~ said...

I'd be excited to. That is pretty darn cool. He looks like he's getting enough to eat.

My Layouts